Monday, June 07, 2010

If you can't cry with your friends, who can you cry with

It's been a rough two weeks. I won't lie. I'm questioning my loyalty, sanity and path.
I thought the other day that things have changed and I don't fit in, then a friend said, "Or have you changed and just don't fit in with the normal people."
Two points: (1) That I have changed. (2) That I'm not one of those 'normal' people.

What does that mean though, 'normal.' To be honest, I want the stability that comes with my life but I'm feeling the itch and wanting another adventure, excitement.
But for the time being, I'm making the most of it. I have 2 weddings this summer and am determined to be confident and awesome and as social as possible. This past Saturday I even went to an event and saw some old faces. Though I don't think they recognized me right away. I have to admit, the compliments were awesome. I think people are surprised to hear that I've taken up running as a hobby. But I have to agree with them. Being overweight and drastically changing your appearance is pretty crazy.

So, goals:
Realize your potential
Live every day to its fullest
Read more (already in progress with the cancellation of cable)
Dress as cute as I feel

Case in point re. dressing awesome:






The above ladies are curvy, confident and amazing. And yes, I know there are more Christina Hendricks photos. But gawd-damn she's hawt!

No comments: