Monday, January 31, 2011

30 Day Challenge - it's worth a try, right?

Oh, single gal blog, I've been neglecting you. Twitter and it's easy-to-use mobile app just makes quick 2 line thoughts so easy.
So I found this little challenge a while back and have decided to go for it.



Day 01 - Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life it.
-Currently undefined. Just over 2 weeks ago I met an amazing guy who I have not seen since late last Saturday night/early Sunday morning. For understandable reasons we weren't able to see each other last week. Work, hobbies, travel, the flu, kept us apart. But it's Monday night and I'm tired of text messages. And I refuse to be the chaser any longer. I've done enough this week. To summarize, I'm still single. I've also realized that I need to stay busy to stay sane. This weekend will not be wasted.
But more on the single life: it's something I grew used to. The boy (from previous posts) is not really a potential for a real intimate relationship but he serves his purpose. I've grown used to not worrying about anyone besides myself. Applying for jobs overseas, going out for drinks, planning trips. But at the same time, I will admit, it's lonely. Coming home and not have anyone to cuddle with you, to ask how your day was, to plan things with. Friends can be pretty unreliable and sharing your feelings with them isn't always the easiest. Let's be honest - I haven't had the best luck with my 'closest' friends lately. So yeah, it would be nice to have a partner, but for now. It's me and my cat. And hopefully I'll be in London in a few months making new friends. Or, snuggling up to a warm European partner. IF he ever calls and gets his act together.

1 comment:

diandra said...

yay! bring it on!