Monday, August 01, 2011

...But sometimes it hurts instead...

This past weekend I had the immense pleasure of meeting someone from the 'twittersphere'. Interestingly enough he introduced me by name but also by my handle (as in single.) "What are you going to do when you're no longer single?" he asked. Well, what happened previously was I stopped blogging all together. I stopped as soon as things got serious. I don't know if he knew that I actually blogged under 'single gal.' I can't say that I hid it though, we shared my computer.
But back to the question at hand. After 2 days, I answer with the following: If someone is amazing and intelligent enough and treats me as I deserve I will no longer be single. And that person will be the luckiest person in the world. In turn, so shall I.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm going to stop you from getting all, "Poor single gal. You've got a great life." Yes, I know that. I am incredibly lucky to be where I am and to do what I have done with my life. Trust me, overall, I am happy. But it certainly doesn't mean you can't be even happier.

This past week was another one to shake your head at and go, "Guys, really?" My ex-boyfriend from 2000 (okay, also my first and short-lived boyfriend) said that he would be happy to hang out as friends and even happier to take me out on a date. Wait. What? (See previous post about my attitude about this.) I said I would be more comfortable being friends. We were supposed to hang out on Sunday but I didn't hear from him (dudes, seriously - stop doing this!!)
Then, this Sunday while returning from the beach that is Kitsilano I saw him. It's been over 2 months since I saw his disgusting, using, lying self. None other than the guy that pretty much broke my heart, twice. But I only saw his back and I doubt his saw me as my friend and I were across the street. Self-preservation was nearly lost as I wanted to run to the corner store, buy some chocolate and leave it lying, melting, on his car seats of his open-air jeep. (Aren't revenge fantasies fantastic?) Or I could just tell everyone he had a small penis and the big car, small penis saying is true in his case. But I wouldn't do that. (Even though it's totally true.)

This weekend also had some intriguing and revealing conversations with new people. I'm hoping these conversations continue and new friendships made.

The sun has now set, the fresh-from-the-oven banana loaf is ready for testing and there is a stack of clean laundry that needs to be put away.

PS - This blog title is borrowed from Adele's "Someone Like You". Truly amazing songstress. Thank you infinitely.

No comments: