Sunday, April 30, 2006

gone in 200 years

I've been blonde my whole life. When I was a child I had bleach blonde hair, naturally.
There have been some difficulties I have encountered being a blonde. I don't attribute everything to my hair colour though as I feel that there are a number of other characteristics about a person that others judge on.
Blonde jokes are a little frustrating sometimes though I have been known to make a few and laugh at those that others spout. As well, my 'blonde moments' are anything but far and few between but I am not a dumb blonde. I completed my university degree in 4.5 years, finished with a 3.0 GPA (that's a 'B'), have a job at a pretty good company where I've hopefully mad a good impression in my short time there.
Anyways, that's my short rant on being blonde. As well, as a fairly femme looking woman active in social movements appearance is certainly judge, however on a trip to a conference one person actually told me he had judged me poorly at the beginning and he'll never do that again. Moral of the story: don't judge someone on their looks. As well, blondes may be extinct in 200 years! - *gasp*!

Here's the link that inspired this posting:
Blondes Get All the Buzz.

No comments: