Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 14 - Your earliest memory

My earliest and most consistent memory is during mom's nap time. I was very lucky to have a mom that was able to stay home and take care of me and my siblings. My mother has always been a 'napper' and afternoon naps were her time to put the kids down for a nap or send us downstairs to play quietly for an hour or so.
We had an old tv in the basement that had 13 channels then you had to select 'U' to go to the upper channels. I watched I Love Lucy on that tv every afternoon. I specifically remember when it was sunny out and a cloud passed by and made it darker in the house.

Strange memories, I know. Everything else I think of as a first memory seems made up or created in my head.
Tastes are certainly part of my memory and always have been: froot loops, cheerios, black forest cherry cake, potato chips, apple juice and mandarin oranges.

No comments: