Saturday, February 05, 2011

Delays - Days 04-06

Yes, I am a terrible blogger when it comes to commitment and following through on challenges.
One thing I have realized from challenges is that you must dust yourself off and keep on trucking.

So, Day 04 - Your views on religion
These have changed immensely since i was younger. Growing up in a bible-thumping town on the outskirts of Vancouver I grew to despise anyone that went to church regardless of the sect. Today, I am more easy going. I have taken several religious studies classes in university and realize now that there are principles among all of the worlds large and small religions that can make us better people. Ultimately, I'm a "golden rule" kind of girl. Treat others as you would have them treat you. Simple, I know, but I prefer to keep it simple. I've never attended a religious service (aside from funerals and weddings), Sundays were meant for sleeping in, going for walks and watching football or golf with my dad.

Day 05 - A time you thought about ending your own life
Wow - I don't know if I've ever really thought about it. Not detailed anyways. I've had my depressed moments were I wondering what life would be like without me. But the means of ending have not crossed my mind. Instead of ending my life I've always wondered about changing it completely and running away. Avoiding mortgage payments, work responsibilities and such. Maybe Paris, Australia, London. Anywhere but here.

Day 06 - Write 30 interesting facts about yourself
Fuuuuuuck
1-I wear socks at night and kick them off in my sleep.
2-I practice everything that I say. Every situation. It never works out, but I pretend it will.
3-The person I've loved the most in my life will probably never know.
4-I have struggled with my weight my entire life. And I always will.
5-I love public speaking. I can't stand speakers that plan everything and even have jokes written out word for word.
6-If I could do school over again I would probably not have gone to university and instead done a vocational program.
7-I didn't take English in high school from grades 8-10, I took humanities and regret it.
8-I hold grudges. But try not to let them run my life.
9-I am currently bored of this 30 fact thing.
10-I have been called the most sexual person by a friend of mine.
11-I do not have cable.
12-I miss having cable, just a little.
13-Until I met oh sweetie I thought domestic tasks were not feminist/female positive. I am grateful she is part of my life.
14-Yes, I want children. Finding the right man to share this responsibility with is the hardest task of my life.
15-I have had few romantic things done for me. I really should coach guys on this.
16-I've contemplated 30 day vegetarian challenges but my pre-planning skills have lacked in the last year.
17-I went to Thailand last year and didn't have as much fun as I thought I would.
18-I am addicted to carbs.
19-Being both a night owl and an early bird is killer.
20-I have always been far too mature for my age.
21-I have hidden much of my original blog postings from you.
22-Thinking of my deceased family members will make me cry at any moment. Nana, Papa, Grandpa - you are missed.
23-I'm terrified that I will never meet someone that will stay with me for my whole life and share it with me.
24-I love shoes. I have bought pairs that I will never wear. I hope to one day wear them for someone special.
25-I am a white, anglo-saxon middle-class woman that has been mistaken as racist, colonist and ditzy. Appearances can be deceiving.
26-My ideal date would be dancing to Ella Fitzgerald in my apartment with the lights low.
27-There are some days that I feel extremely lonely and alone. Those 2 together are very depressing.
28-I wonder what it would be like to be with a girl again.
29-I can have full conversations in my sleep/dreams. They're scary realistic.
30-I'm too lazy to do a springform questionaire thing. If you want more, email or comment.

No comments: